Edit Session 3

Once I had finished placing all the sounds in the correct places within chronological order, and as well placing the sound of train line, the sound of the bells, and the sound of the woman’s voice throughout the piece, it was time to start adding some effects where I thought it would add to the experimental feel to the piece. I started with adding some Chorus to the sounds of the traffic, the reason I done this is because it gave it a smoother sound to the traffic going past. With the continuous sound of the train line, I added a plug-in called SansAmp, which is a harmonic, and the reason I did this is because I wanted to make sure the train line came piercing through, and almost be quite annoying, I added a lot of reverb to this too, to make it feel more spacious. For the Bells, I added a lot of reverb so they would resinate out, as well as adding some compression, to boost the sound of the bells. With the sound of the woman’s voice, I wanted it to have an eerie effect, so I added some delay and also a lot of reverb.